Sorry for the lack of update, I have found it difficult to write out what I want to say about the corruption of man by sin. I have been bogged down by the intensity and the heaviness of the topic. Also, I was getting frustrated at some of the articles I've been reading that were riddled with jargons and technical terms. I feel that I have to write like that to be "good" and "scholarly". So, I apologize for writing in a way that's not really the way I speak and for the delay in my blog. I do want to write things out in more day to day language and explain Christian terms in simple language. I don't want to pretend to be or write like someone I am not.
With that said, I just want to share a little bit of what struck me today.
Jn 1:29
"The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, 'Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!'"
Jn 1:36
"and he looked at Jesus as He walked, and said, 'Behold, the Lamb of God!'"
John the Baptist is telling people around him to behold! To behold is to gaze upon or to look with full attention. The way I understand it is to stop and observe the object that I am beholding. To literally be held by the object of interest. John the Baptist here is saying LOOK CAREFULLY, the Lamb of God.
This really convicted me. I asked myself how many times I have only glanced at Jesus, only looking at him for a moment, treating Him as common because of the familiarity. But here John is telling us to BEHOLD because Jesus is the one that takes away the sin of the world. He is the Lamb that is to be slain for the atonement of sins. He is our savior.
I then ask myself, what am I beholding if it was not Christ? Myself? People? School? Video Games? Sports? With such busy schedules and lives have I stopped beholding Jesus? Is He the apple of my eyes? Is He the one that I gaze upon and marvel at?
He is the saviour of the world, He is the Lamb of God, the only one who is worthy of our full attention and worship. Let's be intimate with God without making Him common. He deserves more than a glance. Imagine the body of Christ that is awestruck by His mercy and captured by His love. Let us stop and be held by His glory, let us marvel at His grace, let us fix our eyes on Jesus.
"Behold, the Lamb of God!"
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment